While the Rules & Regulations outline the complete details of this promotion, your question may already be answered below.
Q. How do I enter?
Visit www.laffytaffycandy.com from May 11-May 31, 2018, and follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form, which includes your name, email address, home address and phone number. In addition, each contestant must upload and submit the below:
• One original joke that is in the form of a “question” and an “answer” and relates to Laffy Taffy
• One original video (up to 1 minute, 30 seconds in length) demonstrating the ability to perform stand-up comedy. There is no requirement that the video includes any content that refers to or provides a positive endorsement of Laffy Taffy or any products
Q. What are the content guidelines, permissions and restrictions for each submission?
The content guidelines are as follows:
• All aspects of the Submission must be in English
• The “question” aspect of the Joke must not exceed 65 characters
• The “answer” aspect of the Joke must not exceed 65 characters
• The video must not exceed 1:30 minutes
The content restrictions are as follows:
• The submission must be contestant’s original work
• Must not include music
• Must not contain material that suggests bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
• Must not include material related to alcohol, illegal drug use, material that is promiscuous, indecent, or obscene, material that relates to a political or religious agenda, or material that inappropriately references physical or mental characteristics or limitations
• Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
• The submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest
o For example: “Facebook” is not allowed, “social media” is allowed; “Batman” is not allowed, “super hero” is allowed
• Must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party associated with the contest
• Must not contain material that is tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
• Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the submission is created
In addition, each contestant must have permission from any recognizable individual who appears in the submission to use their names and likenesses and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Laffy Taffy.
Q. What happens if I’m selected as a finalist?
Potential finalists will be notified by Administrator in the beginning of June and after proper paperwork is filed and approved, three total finalists, (and each is permitted to bring a plus one) will be awarded a trip to Los Angeles, California, to compete at an open mic on June 26, 2018, at the world-famous Laugh Factory.
Q. What is the reward for the winner?
In addition to a sponsored trip to Los Angeles and opportunity to perform live, the selected winner will receive a grand prize of $10,000 and the opportunity to enter into a contract with Laffy Taffy to create jokes for Laffy Taffy wrappers.
Q. I think I'm having technical issues. What should I do?
If all else fails, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
Q. I have recently moved or updated my email address. Can I change my submission information?
We apologize for any inconvenience, but due to the number of entries we receive, we are unable to change submission information unless the contestant is selected as a finalist. If selected, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide updated information.
Q. Why can't I use my P.O. Box address to submit?
A. Your home address allows the team to identify residence for eligibility purposes.
STILL HAVING ISSUES?
Please reference the rules and regulations documented located here or contacts us at email@example.com and/or 1-800-358-1971.